Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Safe Citizens via the Website and the Safe-Citizens DEMO Mobile app. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Safe Citizens, or us
Safe Citizens Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11513316 whose registered office is at International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2BN, UK.
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website or uses the Safe-Citizens DEMO Mobile app and is not either (i) employed by Safe Citizens and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Safe Citizens and accessing the Website and mobile app in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.Safe Citizens.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
The Safe-Citizens DEMO Mobile application, available in both the Apple and Google app stores
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Safe Citizens is the “data controller”. This means that Safe Citizens determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- On the website, we may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- On the mobile application we may collect the following Data, which excludes personal Data, from you:
- Application ID
- Only the device latest location as latitude and longitude (for which you will have given express permission) If this permission has not been granted the Safe-Citizens DEMO mobile application will not record your location.
- Time that the location data was gathered
- How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Safe Citizens will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
- when you enquire about our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- To the extent that you use the mobile application we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect the application ID and associate your device latest updated location and time but do not collect your personal identification nor do we associate that collection with any personal identifiers on your mobile device.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- In the case of data collected by the Safe-Citizens DEMO application on your device device, this is in accordance with the use case of the application which is a public safety application requiring the anonymous updating of your device location to allow the relevant authorities to determine if you are at risk or in danger during an emergency incident
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- any of our group companies or affiliates – to ensure users and customers are receiving the best possible services from Safe Citizens;
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to ensure users and customers are receiving the best possible services from Safe Citizens;
- relevant authorities – to ensure that we are meeting all requirements in the exercise of our wish to enhance public safety through the use of our smart proprietary technology;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: security@Safe-Citizens.com
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: enquiries@Safe-Citizens.com
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Safe Citizens by email at enquiries@Safe-Citizens.com
7 December 2022